Helpful answers to common questions
Only contractors registered and in good standing with Finance of America Home Improvement can install products financed through Benji. Each state has different qualification requirements in order to register with Finance of America Home Improvement.
Mobile or manufactured homes are eligible for Benji if the mobile home is either permanently attached to land or if the home is part of a mobile home community.
There are no application fees incurred when applying for Benji financing.
Apply for Benji through a contractor who is part of the Finance of America Home Improvement network. Applications are accepted through the online application, mobile application or with the assistance of a Benji customer service representative. Contact a representative at 844-GO-BENJI.
Any property owner who is interested in obtaining financing for a home improvement.
Any home improvement is eligible as long as it is permanently affixed to the home.
No-interest, no-payment plans. Benji special financing plans allow you to defer payments during the promotional period. If you choose to pay the balance in full during the promotional period all interest will be waived.*
*No payments are required during the special financing period following project completion. Thereafter, substantially equal monthly payments are required for the remainder of the financing term (60 months) or until the unpaid balance of the amount financed is paid in full. Interest will accrue during the promotional period, but will be waived if the amount financed is paid in full prior to the expiration of the special financing period. Special financing options may be offered by participating contractors. Not available in some states.
Benji is a simple, flexible financing option for almost any home improvement project and is only offered by contractors who are part of the Finance of America Home Improvement network. Benji offers standard and special financing plans with fixed rates. Approval is primarily based on credit score, as well as debt to income ratio. Benji financing accrues interest based on a fixed APR and is paid back in monthly installments.
Finance of America Home Improvement, a division of Finance of America Mortgage, offers financing for home improvements through a financing product called Benji. Nearly any type of home improvement project can be financed by Benji, from $2,000 to $75,000 (subject to credit approval). Finance of America Home Improvement is part of the Finance of America family of companies.
To register with Finance of America Home Improvement, contractors must provide the following information:
- Valid IRS W-9.
- Proof of insurance documentation, including, but not limited to, meeting all general liability, bonding and workers compensation insurance requirements for the state’s contractor licensing board or local equivalent (limits may vary by state).
- Valid/active contractor’s license when a statewide licensing board is present. In the absence of a statewide licensing board, the contractor must provide valid business and/or trade license(s) for the cities and counties the contractor does business in, if required.
- Company address, Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN), and tax classification (such as sole proprietor, LLC, etc.). This information must match what is on the W-9, insurance documents, contractor license and/or business licenses.
- Signed Finance of America Home Improvement Registered Contractor Participation Agreement
- Successful identification verification or uploaded government-issued identification such as a license, passport, etc.
Additional contractor requirements may vary by state or region. Finance of America Home Improvement will conduct a due diligence review of the items provided and inform the contractor of approval or next steps.
After registering with us, all contractors and all individuals who perform services for registered contractors in connection with Finance of America Home Improvement’s financing products must do the following:
- Adhere to our Code of Conduct, which is designed to support and guide you as you work with us,
- Comply with our contractor Terms and Conditions,
- Act responsibly and professionally when offering financing to interested homeowners,
- Complete a training course on some of our most important compliance expectations. Register at contractor.foahomeimprovement.com/register
Funding occurs via ACH 1-2 business days after completion confirmation (either verbal or electronic) is provided by the homeowner.
We don’t share any underwriting details as it is subject to change.
Your customer may apply with you through our mobile app, online via our contractor portal, or over the phone. You can also generate a personal application link to share with your customers so they can apply on their own from the resources section of the contractor portal. Homeowners are not currently able to initiate their own application without a contractor registered with Benji.
- Easy mobile and paperless process
- Competitive, fixed rates with multiple term options
- No-interest, no-payment special financing plans
- Unparalleled contractor support
- No home equity needed to qualify
- Approvals in minutes and funding within 24-48 hours
- Low, affordable monthly payments
Benji offers contractors a technology platform and online tools at no cost. A percentage of the financed amount will be discounted from the amount paid to you upon funding. We offer a range of financing options, many of which do not have any associated costs for contractors to offer. In fact, many contractors are able to grow their business without spending a penny.
Browse our network of registered contractors by specialization and location at foahomeimprovement.com/find-a-contractor
If your city or county has building permit requirements, both you and your contractor are responsible for obtaining all necessary permits and completing inspections, including final inspection sign-off from the appropriate city or county building department. You should speak with your contractor for further information.
No, there are no prepayment fees for paying off your balance early.
No, if you’re financing your entire project using Benji financing, we’ll pay the contractor once you’ve confirmed the project has been completed to your satisfaction.
You can also submit a payment by mail or check-by-phone. Your monthly statement in the mail will also include the details below. When mailing a check, please make the checks payable to Finance of America Home Improvement and send it to:
Finance of America Home Improvement
PO Box 78080
Phoenix, AZ 85062-8080
Please note that we do not accept debit or credit cards at this time.
Yes, once your project is complete, you can set up autopay using one of the following options:
- Through the Benji portal: https://benjifinancing.myaccountinfo.com
- By mailing us the ACH form attached to your monthly statement
- Call a Benji team member at 866-493-6371
You’ll need to have your routing and account numbers, which you can find at the bottom of your checks. Refer the accompanying diagram if you need help locating these numbers.
Your retail installment contract provides this information. After approval, Benji will email your retail installment contract to you. Your retail installment contract contains all information about your financing, including your Federal Truth in Lending disclosure. You can call 844-GO-BENJI with any questions you have about your financing or terms of payment.
Your first Benji payment will be due 30 days after your project is complete, unless you have chosen a Special Financing plan. You will receive a welcome letter in the mail with details on how to make your payments.
Nothing found. Please redefine your search!